Wednesday 10 August 2011

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner

That I love London so.............as the song says!

Our city may be overpopulated, dusty in the heat and depressing in the rain BUT it is still one of the most vibrant, diverse and exciting cities in the world, and like any Londoner worth their salt I  have been horrified at the events of the past week. It doesn't seem possible that this could be happening in my city - the city I love and which is home!

I feel driven to post images of some of the places I treasure most in our capital - these along with the cheering sight of all those volunteers wielding their brooms in defiance of the mindless greed and violence of the minority lift my spirits!



Little Venice - close to my flat!

The glorious sight which is Sir Christopher Wren's St Pauls!

The elegance of a Nash terrace!
The tranquility of Regents Park!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment